Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day 2

OK, two days into my new regime. So far I have played four 0.01/0.02 ring game sessions with a profit of around $4, over 250 hands. It does not sound like a lot of money but it represents a 10% increase in my bankroll, to the dizzy heights of $44. I am reading Professional No Limit Hold Em as a starting point to mastering ring games having read very little on the subject. I get the most of the fundamental concepts such as pot odds, implied odds etc. but some of the more advanced concepts will take a little work. I feel quite comfortable at this level, which is a good job and although I have had a number of bad beats, I am confident that I am playing more or less correctly (getting all in with trip 3s against a pair of kings on a rainbow board, only for the third king to come on the river) and that I will make money in the long run.

No comments: