Monday, January 28, 2008

Week 2

After 2 weeks I’ve played 4800 hands – my initial bankroll of $40 now stands at $93 with a win rate of something like 17BB/100.

Its not the end of January yet and I’ve already broken one of my New Year’s resolutions: I’ve been multi-tabling, 4 at a time in fact. I was looking at some monthly results posted on one of the forums and saw people playing 50K+ micro limit s hands a month and showing a healthy profit. So I’m going to give it a go and intend to multi table through the first few levels at least.

Level 1 is now almost complete - $7 more to go and then its upwards and onwards to 0.02/0.05. Win rate has dropped significantly from week 1 but is still above target. Over the last week I’ve tightened up a fair bit (20% VPIP) but I’m still rather passive (0.7 Total Agg. 5%PFR). As I move up a level I’m looking to tighten up further and to increase the number of raises preflop – call less hands. My briefcase disappeared in the week along with my copy of PNLHE. I definitely need to pick up another copy but in the meantime I’m reading NLHE Theory & Practice.

In the last week I’ve played a few STTs (8) as well. Although Absolute charge 20% at micro limits these games show an $8 profit or 40% ROI (over a tiny sample). At some point I will spend some time working out an STT strategy but at the moment I’m just keeping my hand in and recycling Absolute’s kind gift.

My main target for next week is to move up to Level 2. I’ll play at least a few hours at a single table to ease myself in and I’ll let you know how its going soon.

No comments: