Monday, February 25, 2008

Week 6

It was a bit of a rollercoaster last week but it finished with my bankroll standing at $253. The week began badly: before long I was down $100 and had to drop back down to $5STT and 5NL. This was a result of a bad run playing STTs. I felt I didn’t really get the game fully so I took myself out and bought a copy of Moshman’s SNG Strategy. I have a copy somewhere but can’t find it. Anyway I read this through in a day and my results picked up straight away. I went back to killing $5 games stepped back up and had some good results in $10 games.

It seems my problem was twofold: playing too many hands too aggressively early on and not fully grasping the dynamics behind later stage play. I've downloaded SNG Wizard on a 30 day free trial and I'm reviewing the majority of games I play. Lat week i played 52 $5 games and 12 $10 games. In the coming week I hope to reinforce what I've learnt with continuing good results at $10 games.

I played very few ring game hands last week, around 300 for a small loss. I don't expect to play to many this week either as I continue to develop my STT skills. I did buy another copy of PNLHE which I'll start working through later in the week.

No comments: